- I hope I'm more consistent with this Monday post than I've ever been with keeping a journal. Just 2 weeks ago I found an old journal from 1983. The first page talked about how I planned to FINALLY keep a journal consistently! It had 5 written pages, all from that first day. So much for KEEPING the journal...well, unless you consider the fact that I still had it after 26 1/2 years "keeping" it.
- Eight years ago today my daddy died. I still miss him. I am to that stage where I truly rejoice for him that he is with The Father, worshiping Jesus at the throne & would NOT want him to give that up to be here. But every now & then I still catch myself wanting to send him an email or give him a call to ask his thoughts on something. I miss him, but at least I can type that without crying now.
- I found a program that lets you turn your blog into a book. A lot of folks have said I should write a book, but I've never known how to begin. Maybe that's an answer. We'll see.
- It's really cold still. If you read my last post, you know how happy THAT makes me.
- The sky is an absolutely gorgeous shade of blue...you know the one...deep, rich, cloudless, lapis blue. I call this color of sky "the color of God's eyes" because nothing could be more beautiful. I could just MELT into it!
- I have tried working out the last 2 Mondays & it ruined me for days. I only did 5 minutes of aerobics from a DVD made for quadriplegics. I was exhausted afterwords & didn't recover until Thursday! I new I was out of shape, but this is worse than I thought. I need to do something, but I don't know what. I know I'm NOT doing the workout today though! Any ideas?
- My oldest niece is on her way over for a visit. She's bringing my first great-nephew to see me. He's 2 months old now. I haven't seen him since Christmas. I'm excited! My nieces have always been like my own children. That makes The Little Man sort of my grandchild. I bet he's changed a ton!
- Looks like we need a new furnace. I'm not happy about that. It doesn't exactly fit into our Dave Ramsey Debt Snowball. I have no idea how much it'll cost yet. At least, thanks to Dave, we have an emergency fund in place, so it won't destroy our finances...just put a severe dent in them. I highly recommend Dave to EVERYONE.
- I want an iPad. I can't afford an iPad, but I WANT an iPad. I have an iMac on my desk...my first Apple product...& I LOVE it. I've had computers for 22 1/2 years, my first being a pre-Windows laptop that used DOS. I am hooked on Apples now. I know the iPad is just an over-sized iTouch, but that's what makes it perfect for a quadriplegic. The iTouch is just too small for me to use...I just don't have the dexterity. The iPad would be perfect. If anyone reading this works for Apple or knows anyone who does, I would love to be a product tester for you! Or if you'd just like to donate to my cause, I am not too proud to accept your gift!
Hope I didn't bore you too much. I'd love to hear what's on your mind right now.